World Culture Seminar
The World Culture Seminar (WCS) is a twice-annual 10 week seminar run by the Ibaraki International Association. The seminar is held twice a week at the Ibaraki International Association in Mito, on selected Thursdays at 1:30 p.m. and Saturdays at 10:00 a.m. Each session runs for two hours and includes a presentation in English by a guest speaker from a foreign country and group activities such as discussions and games. While the majority of seminar participants are Japanese, foreigners are more than welcome to attend and join in on the discussions. Past presentation topics have included
- Iranian cinema,
- The British Monarchy,
- Brain Drain,
- The Three Branches of the American Government,
- Couch Surfing,
- F1 & WRC,
- Welsh History and Culture,
- South African History and Culture,
- Women’s Rights in Costa Rica,
- The Perception of Tattoos Throughout the World,
- Contemporary Chinese history,
- Working on a Cruise Ship,
- and many other interesting topics!
The WCS is a good opportunity to engage in cultural exchange and internationalization!
Contact Ludovic De Pinho at the Ibaraki International Association.